Our consultation on proposals for the Activity Hub at Leith Links has now closed. See the results.
Leith Links Activity Hub Consultation
We presented a range of proposals for the Activity Hub development at Leith Links. This consultation also explored feedback and opinions towards transforming the pavilion into a café, toilet and community space. To gather feedback and comments, we asked a range of questions in our consultation. The questions asked were:
- To what extent do you agree or disagree with transforming the vacant pavilion into a café with community space and public toilets?
- To what extent do you agree or disagree with making the café a multi-level building?
- To what extent do you agree or disagree with the proposed designs for the Activity Hub?
- In addition to the streetscape style skatepark, please rank the top 3 activities you would like to see within the Activity Hub
- Please tell us if you have any other ideas for the Activity Hub
- To what extent do you agree or disagree that the proposals suit a range of user groups of different ages, abilities and interests?
- Please use the space below for any further comments or suggestions relating to the proposals for the activity hub at Leith Links
- Over 100 people attended our Activity Hub consultation day at the Leith Links bowling greens on 9 September 2023.
- 1082 people responded to our consultation via the hub.
- 92% of responses strongly agreed or agreed with transforming the vacant pavilion into a café with community space and toilets.
- 51% of responses strongly agreed or agreed that the café should have multiple levels.
- 84% of responses supported the proposed designs for the activity hub.
- 90% of responses strongly agreed or agreed that the activity proposals suit a range of user groups of different ages, abilities and interests.
- In addition to the skatepark, already consulted on as part of the Leith Links Masterplan, the top 3 ranked activities for the hub were a pump track/bike trail, bouldering rocks and roller rink, respectively.
- Significant themes from feedback stressed the importance of incorporating biodiversity elements, including social seating, managing noise and ensuring that the space can be used for adults as well as children.
Further information on this consultation, including designs and proposals, can be found here: Leith Links Activity Hub - City of Edinburgh Council - Citizen Space
We would like to thank everyone who responded to the consultation.
We have already considered the comments and how to reflect them in the design. Where this is not possible, we will explore how other areas of the park can be adapted to accommodate some of these suggestions.
Our next step is updating these plans to take to planning early next year. After planning consent our focus will be on securing funding to take forward detailed designs and deliver the scheme. Further updates on this will be published on our website.